Revanche Mormeck vs Bell a l'eau?

Discussion autour de la boxe anglaise professionnelle
Répondre
Ruiza
Boxeur chevronné
Boxeur chevronné

Je viens de voir une news sur le site de la BBC et apparemment cete revanche n'aura pas lieu en 2006, ni debut 2007 :?
WBA and WBC cruiserweight champion O'Neil Bell says he would relish a fight with WBO king Enzo Maccarinelli. Swansea's Maccarinelli targeted the Jamaican - acknowledged as number one at 200lbs - after his first title defence against Mark Hobson this month.

"I've emailed his people, I believe it could happen next year," said Bell.

"Enzo's a courageous man, no-one else in the division is willing to fight me. I respect a man who has just won his championship calling out the best."

Jamaican Bell, 31, has a record of 26-1-1 (24 KOs), his only loss coming in his second fight against Mohamed Benguesmia back in 1998.

He drew against Ernest Mateen in 2002, but has a 100% record since, stopping Jean-Marc Mormeck in January this year to become the division's undisputed number one.

"I want to fight the best out there," Bell told BBC Radio Wales' The Back Page programme.

"Although I have the belts I've really got nothing to lose - I've got the world to gain as I'm still trying to make my impression on the wider boxing audience.

"Both Enzo and myself are in a win-win situation. I'd fight wherever there was the most money to be made, whether that was in the UK or the US."
En gros, Bell dit qu'il veut affronter "le meilleur de la categorie" et que "personne dans la categorie des cruiserweight est pret a l'affronter" excepte ce Maccarinelli qu'il "respecte beaucoup".
il a deja envoye un mail a l'equipe de Maccarinelli et pense donc que ce combat aurait lieu l'annee prochaine (fevrier ou mars) aux US ou en Angleterre.

Apparemment, Bell ne veut plus entendre parler de JMM :(
Répondre